Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reflection: Week 12

So first, I thought I'd share my analness. It really bothered me that on my label list that some had the number 11 and others 12. They were all of kilter, so I decided to balance them out this week by not doing cultural, dress up and movie, the three things I've done every week. I even went back and deleted a tag on the first entry so even reflection will be even with everything else.

So I guess I did another type of balancing then this week! I also have been loving the weather and therefore have been able to really do nature in a way that I haven't in weeks.

This week I didn't even begin my chart until Saturday, even though I had Thursday off. It just didn't happen. Even though I was working on it all weekend, I still had a pretty rough few days. As I predicted, social engagements would start to slow down, and I was in such a lull that I wound up telling people no, which only made it harder.

I am very conflicted about the purpose of social time. I was perusing facebook today and happened upon this article that asserted, among other things that in order to be happy most people require 7 hours of social time a day. If this is true, my job covers that during the week and I usually get it on Saturdays. It could explain why Sundays seem the saddest day of the week. However, I'm also concerned that sometimes instead of hanging out with people, I just need them for company. I'm sure we all feel like this, and I for one, do not like that dependence on others.

So this weekend I attempted to socialize very little, and of course, wound up still doing so, at the park, at my house, at the gym today, through phone calls, texts and IMs. But I still socialized less and felt it. This is also the first Saturday night I didn't go out and I really felt it. Even working out this morning did no good. I know its a fine line between comfort, and need, but I am constantly wondering when I'm stepping over that line.

I am undecided as to whether I am going to attempt my chart when I'm gone especially since I am not intending to bring my laptop. We shall see. Maybe, I'll be healthy enough not to be bedridden all week, unlike last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment