Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reading: The Nightingales of Troy

One nice thing about visiting mom is getting new books! She's part of a book club, with her New York friends, and they video chat once a month with mom. It's actually really nice. While mom is not much of a reader, the rest of the ladies are and pick out some good books. Over the break i finished Devil in the White City and read the girl with the dragon tattoo. BOth of which of course ended with serial killers, which has been coloring my opinion of suave men as of late.

I'm now reading this book, called Nightingales of Troy, which is intriguing, although not a real page turner.

It focuses on the lives of women in this family, in Troy, New York(15 minutes from my hometown) over a century and does a bunch of vignettes, I guess. It's beautifully written, and the history of both the area, and the women's arena in the early 20th century I have found quite interesting so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment