Monday, August 30, 2010

Cutlural: Eat Real

So I am taking some liberties with this. First the week will be a little fluid. I technically did this last night, but after all my other categories were done. I think its ok as long as I'm not getting to one category in one week before another one in the week before!

I went with Jenny to the Jack London Street Festival called Eat Real. Its very similar to the San Francisco street festival then I went to with Carly a few weeks back. Its essentially a bunch of retailers that have carts/trucks or tables and sell a sampling of food, in hopes to get you back there! I went right for this El Salvadorian place because I was super hungry and got a pupusa and a bacon wrapped hot dog. Ridiculous right? At a food festival which could arguably have some of the most unique and delicious food in the country and I go for a bacon wrapped hot dog. Honestly, if I had only eaten that I don't think I could have counted this as cultural.

But then, I had this wild Arguela corn salad that was incredible!! It was from this new place called Gather, which is in downtown Berkeley. I really want to try it! Not only does it seem pretty chill, but they use meat from the Prather Ranch Meat co. If I remember correctly Prather Ranch Meat is a weekly stall at the farmers market at Lake Merrit and the DMV, whose workers are soo good looking, I would sometimes go to the market just to get a look at these guys. Cute guys and meat! Sounds like a winning combination to me!

Anyways, I got to check out some new food and otherwise happenings in the East bay while enjoying my last hours of freedom at the wharf of Oakland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment