Monday, January 17, 2011

Cooking: Jacket Potatoes


When I was in England, I had these things called Jacket Potatoes. Essentially they cook the potato to make the outside nearly leathery(although it tastes amazing) and then fill other things in it. I had this several times in these pubs, with tuna and corn. So mildly referring to a recipe of sorts, I went into action.

I first washed the potato and then covered it with olive oil and salt. Threw it in the oven on 375 for 1.75 hours(agonizing time when you are hungry). I then prepared the tuna with mayonaise and threw the corn in. Finally, when it was done I threw some butter on it after I cut it open. THen put the tuna on one side, and had to have sour cream on the other :) I ate a spinach/tomato/almond/cheese salad with lemon when I first put it in the oven.

I think I may have eaten too much salt and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment