Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reflection: Week 20

Well, this week started off really strong. I had three done by Monday, yet Tuesday-Thursday I didn't touch another one, which left the weekend to do them all. I really slacked off this week.

I also really struggled this week. While I've been keeping up a dating life regardless if I have something serious crop up, I've been putting in more of an effort since the beginning of the year. I'm trying to practice these skills of not being too needy and not taking things personal and the first time I really got to experiment with that I kinda failed miserably. I acted totally irrational and had massive anxiety and only realized it after the fact. So I had three dates this week, partly why I didn't get my chart done and one was not good(he informed my that my salt intake goes up the more I eat out), one ok, but no sparks, and one sparks but not a good guy. Of course it was that one that had me acting pretty irrational within a few hours. He was very similar to this guy I used to date, and dated over and over again. He was super pushy when he wanted something, but then kinda disappeared when he couldn't follow through. I need to realize that this doesn't work for me, yet this is the guy that I always have the spark with!

I have at least narrowed my ideal guy down to these four characteristics. He needs to be genuine(follow through, mean what you say), adventurous(likes to travel, thinks outside box, enjoys nature), playful(strong sense of self, sense of humor, fun) and has something intelligent to contribute. I realize that most of the guys that I meet are very playful and adventurous but not genuine. Or genuine but not playful and adventurous. Most of the boys I've been meeting are smart.

So Saturday night was Miquila's party and I was super excited for it and wound up having a great time. I even met a guy who seems to fit into the characteristics above, and I had an amazing time with him. He is pretty clear that he is into me, but hes not ready for a relationship right now. Either way, I think he'll be a really great new friend and gives me hope that this guy that I think would be good for me actually does exist, even if its not him!

I also met up with another 6th grade history teacher and pretty much planned out the year which is GREAT! I feel so relieved to be knowing where I'm going.

All in all a great week, with just a pretty crappy Saturday morning/afternoon. Otherwise, eventful, fun and I have a strong sense of completion!(except my actual chart of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment