Sunday, January 16, 2011

Creative: Hair styles


I got my hair cut on New Years Eve. It looked really great. However, I tried it again, to style it like she did and I could not. A few days later I got a call from the hair salon. They wanted to know how my hair cut experience was because she was a new stylist. I thought she was amazing and I told her so. However I said that I couldn't redo the hair style, so she offered me a complimentary consultation.

So she played with my hair for a half an hour as I tried to write everything down. What I didn't do was take pictures or in some other way try to recall the styles, in a meaningful way, so while the styles were fresh in my head I tried the styles, this time with photographic evidence. I even came up with some more!! This show Melissa and Joey, has Melissa with the same haircut as me so I've been getting alot of ideas!! Here are a few.



Post shower, blow drying and using my new ceramic round brush. Mucho volume!




Different angles, a half french braid on each side


Two small ponies, tied afterwards

Then, put the two small ponies in another pony



Half pony on bottom, then poufed up on top and secured with bobby pins


Continued hair style from above, taken loose strands and turned them into a bun with more bobby pins



Three small twists, secured with bobby pins. Then two additional pieces(one from each side) brought back with a pony tail



Hair above with sweat band

Final look for the night which included all the prep prior, plus curling each section of hair for 20 seconds total and lots of hair spray. Don't you see all the curls?

No comments:

Post a Comment