Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Indulge: Candles


This is one of my new categories. I am keeping it in the place of indulgent and once I figure this thing out I might change the name too, but as of now I don't want to mess with the numbers.

I have officially decided to dress up every day with makeup and conscious attention to my outfit. SO far I have done this everyday!! So as I am focusing on my outward appearance, I am using this category to give myself a break inside. To appreciate and live in the present. To reward myself for good deeds.

So this week I have been using the candle as my indulgement. Last night, as I had people over I lit some votive candles, and two nights ago I lit scented candles in my room as I read and played on the computer!!

Its subtle but it creates a relaxing environment and shows me how something so little can have such a large impact!!

No comments:

Post a Comment