Monday, January 17, 2011

Cultural: Making the best out of a rough start?


I'm grabbing at straws here and I am well aware. I did a fair amount of things this week, but none of them were truly cultural. By Thursday I realized this, so Miquila and I decided to do a Sunday bar crawl in the city and had looked up places and were all set. After a personal rough start, we headed off and every place we had looked up was closed. Accepting our rough start we went to eat, saving the bar crawl for later. We shared Tomato cream sauce gnocci and garlic bread in North Beach, then hit up a happy hour across the street that had $3 Bellini's. We then started hitting up some other bars in North Beach and then on Polk.

What makes this event so unique is a few things. First of all, drinking on a Sunday. Second of all, going out with just one person. I very rarely do something like that. Also, it really depends on the person. There are many people that I would rather sit at home at, then go to a bar with, because it seems silly to do that. So Miquila was a great person to start that with. Third of all, we went out in North Beach, which I've hardly been. And finally, which didn't happen till we got there, but continuing to go on once it kept getting rough. We were both a little grumpy and could have easily called it a day, or done something regular, but we continued on and let go any preconceptions we had, and wound up out from like 330-1130.

Overall an excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment