Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cultural: Wine tasting in Santa Rosa



While we happened to be up near the Russian River to forgive our sins, it only seemed natural that we also did a little bit of wine tasting. Since we so enjoyed our times, we only hit up two, Harvest Moon and Sunce.
Harvest Moon was great because it had mostly zinfadels and Geverstameaners(spelling). Since Liz was a member, we got in for free, and got to walk around the grape area which was fun! The Ice Desert wine was by far the best, but they were all super expensive, so I didn't wind up getting any!
We next went to Suncee, which had 5 wine tastings for $5. The port was incredibly good! We spent a far longer time there, hanging out with another group of people, stuffing our faces and playing Bocci, a sport which could be its own cultural event! I got pretty good at it! I was also able to impress everyone with my chocolate peanut butter bars!
Random, but I came home to my roommates making a BBQ with steak, what could be better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment