Friday, September 3, 2010

Physical:Biking!


So I've made it a goal to bike to work everyday(I even told the kids about it). I officially live 1.6 miles away from work. My fastest time from door to door, biking this week has been approximately 10 minutes! My usual route is to take this street called Hillegass most of the way(its an official bike route), and from Stuart until Claremont ave I can literally coast without peddling(unless I'm crossing a non stop signed street)! On the way back however, its a lot more work!!

This whole week I've been biking(although I did get a ride home from work today), and I really saw the difference. The first two days I was huffing and puffing the whole way, and by yesterday, I barely noticed the exertion! Which is why that after this week I really can't count it as being physical, because it really isn't bringing my heart rate up that much! For how out of shape I am though, it did do its job for this week!!

I also have to share that I am proud of myself because everyday but one I wore a dress/skirt and still biked! Yea, that's right!!

I really enjoy the bike ride in the morning! It puts me out into nature, it gets the wind in my hair, saves a little bit of my carbon footprint, and most importantly saves me from getting a parking ticket!! Awesome way to start off the day, and the school year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment