Sunday, September 19, 2010

Movie: Labyrinth


Um, ohmygosh, how have I NEVER seen this movie? This movie was made with me in mind. It was!! It's a story about a girl who's miserable about her upper middle class existence, adolescence and a blended family. She is supposed to watch her little brother and asks the "Goblin King" to take her brother away. She unfortunately was not careful what she wished for, and it comes true, sending her into the labyrinth, so she can eventually beat the Goblin King and get her brother back!

First of all, there is glitter everywhere, how can I not love that? Second, there are non scary monsters in it, my favorite kind! Third, the girl is headstrong, just like me. I can go on and on. Perhaps next week I'll watch the Goonies as I feel that it is the male version of this movie and I don't know how I have never seen that movie either?

There were some great morals in this tale, such as be careful what you wish for, the need for imagination, and don't be a brat! While obviously this was not an amazing movie for who I am at this moment, it was an awesome movie that I am miserable that I never watched as a child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment