Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Movie: 500 Days of Summer


So I know I am super behind the times(this is why movie is one of my categories), but I hadn't seen 500 days of Summer yet. So now, I have. If you haven't seen it yet, do not continue reading, as I will be talking about it, in its entirety.

So I'm not sure if there is a point. The movie started off with Summer saying she didn't believe in fate, and then suddenly she does? It also started off with Summer as the just out of reach girl, yet in the last scene she is in, I literally didn't recognize her. But why? Why did she go through this transformation and why did it happen so quickly? It was over 300 days with her and Tom, and less then 200 for her to have met a new guy, dated him and gotten married? Why? I don't understand at all? If she was so trepadacious, why did she jump into it?

Otherwise I thought the movie was cute. I like that he didn't wind up with her at the end, it would have been too easy! However, I think both of the women in the movie seem a little out of his league. I also really liked that Summer and Tom did fun things together, like play around at IKEA and play the Penis game. I really appreciated that she could be fun without being loud or without others. I thought she was a fun, but not super believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment