Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nature: Hiking...Naked



Ok, so I did a little more then experience some nature at Harbin Hot Springs, in Middletown, CA. Harbin Hot Springs is a clothing optional Hot springs up in the mountains, near Calistoga. The main focus are the pools. There are three silent mediation pools; one luke warm, one super hot and one super cold. Then there are three regular pools; one super cold, one luke warm and a regular lap swim. There are wooden platforms all around. There is a kitchen(vegetarian only), a few restaurants/cafes, a massage center, a temple where people do yoga, a garden, greenery and hiking trails.
This weekend I did nearly all my list, but don't want to "use it" unless I need to. For last week however, I didn't have nature, so I am using this experience to get my nature credit. My the last day, everyone had left except Omari and Aileen who were gung ho about hiking. Against my better judgement I joined them. While I do enjoy a good hike(flat) and I love climbing I have a fear of going down. I have an equal dislike for slowing down people who are alot more athletically inclined then me(compared to the two of them I'm a slug). I went anyways, and within a 50 feet incline, I decided to go in the nude!! We first climbed up to a teahouse(no tea though...boo). We then met a few people along the way, and we meandered our way further up the mountain. We reached the summit, and then went down a trail called straight ascent. So going down it, it was unfortunately very steep and a straight descent! I feared for my life, swore a bunch and got super mad at Omari and Aileen, but really was super mad at myself for being such a baby. nearly two hours later our tumultuous and terrifying, yet liberating hike was over, and I went to the super hot and super cold tub to rest my poor body!!

No comments:

Post a Comment