Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Physical: Dance Aerobics


Ok, so for so long I have wanted to workout in a fun way. When I pass belly dancing/pole dancing/salsa dancing classes in a window or on a poster, I have an immediate inclination to try it but never do it. Instead I settle with kickboxing as I'm fairly apt at it, and it is a good workout. But I've been longing for something that will get me a little more in tune with my body.

I really wanted to work out tonight, if nothing else to prove to myself that i can work and workout all in the same day. I saw this class on the schedule and went to check it out.

The instructor is super stereotypical flamboyant choreographer, who screams out YES alot and wants us to "give us all we have". He was pretty good at breaking down the steps so that we got them and it did feel like a pretty good workout.

However, I couldn't do it. I couldn't do the confidence thing. I couldn't do the fierceness, the sexiness, the boldness. I tried, but I just looked pissed off. A few times, when he said "I know you have more in there, you aren't giving me all you got" I nearly burst into tears? I am so confused by this random untapped emotion.

Why could something I've wanted to do make me so emotional, and how can I be so bad at it? I definitely want to go back just to fix whatever this is. Also I want to be able to dance fierce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment